What’s expected in attending a PA continuing education live course?
Punctuality is important. Students should be on time for their continuing education courses.
- A minimum attendance of at least 90 percent (6.3 hours requires; or not more than 42 missed minutes) of each 7-hour course day is required by the state to attain a satisfactory attendance record.
- Limited opportunities may be available to make up for the missed class time. Students with less than 90 percent attendance will not pass, as stipulated by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act.
- Attendance is recorded on sheets inside each classroom. Students must sign in and sign out at 1) the morning start of class, 2) the morning end of class, 3) the afternoon start of class, and 4) the afternoon end of class. Failure to sign in and out as required will result in NO ATTENDANCE CREDIT.
- Timed record-keeping begins and ends when the instructor designates a class starts and ends.
There are reasonable limitations intended to benefit you and minimize distractions.
- Video and/or audio recording is NOT permitted in classroom sessions.
- Battery-powered, hand-held, noiseless calculators without an alphabetic keypad ARE permitted.
- Cell phones, tablets, and other mobile devices (even if they have noiseless calculator capabilities) must be turned OFF during class.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in any Polley Associates facility.
- Because of insurance limitations, children under age 18 are NOT permitted in Polley Associates classrooms.
- Polley Associates does NOT permit students to audit or monitor classes.
- Instructors encourage questions from students during class sessions. Questions should be brief and pertinent to the subject being discussed.
- Personal questions must be held for the end of class.
Have a special need?
- We intend our classrooms to be open to all. From time to time we may need to make accommodations. Please let us know if you have special classroom access needs due to a handicap or disability.
In This Series:
- PA Continuing Education: What’s That Course About?
- PA Continuing Education: Live Course Attendance
- PA Continuing Education: License Renewal And Reactivation
- PA Continuing Education: License Renewal Online
- PA Continuing Education: First-Timer Requirements
- PA Continuing Education: Re-Activate A License In Escrow